Mental Health Services Now Available
Many men will feel anxious or sad from time to time, but ongoing feelings of anxiety and depression can be a sign of an underlying mental or emotional challenge that you shouldn’t ignore.
- Do you think about a problem repeatedly and are unable to stop?
- Are you very worried about the immediate or long-term future?
- Do you have a feeling that you want to escape or get away?
- Do you think about death as a solution to problems in your life?
- Do you have difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep due to worrying thoughts? Or maybe sleep too much?
- Do you have feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness?
- Do you think about suicide or death because you feel life isn’t worth living or that you are a burden to others?
- Are there significant changes in your appetite?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating or making decisions?
- Is there a loss of interest or pleasure in activities you used to enjoy?
- Do you suffer from headaches, back pain, and aching muscles?
- Do you have increased heart rate, trembling, sweating, and muscle tension?
If you answered yes to three or more of these questions and have had these symptoms for more than two weeks, you may have problems with depression, anxiety, or both. It’s important for you to speak to someone who can support you.
There is no shame in having these feelings. They are very common and can happen to anyone. What is important to know is that these feelings can be improved by speaking to a well-being professional.
Engage with us and let us help you. If we find that you need more extensive support, we’ll put you in touch with the right service.
We offer free telephonic, online, or in-person counseling sessions in Johannesburg. You get three sessions and it’s important to complete all of them. Sessions are available Tuesdays to Fridays from 9:00 till 15:00.
To make an appointment for free counseling with an Engage Men’s Health social worker, call or WhatsApp 063 649 5107.