JOB OPENING: SOCIAL MEDIA OFFICER – JHB
POSITION: SOCIAL MEDIA OFFICER
OFFICE: MELVILLE, JOHANNESBURG
CLOSING DATE: 18 OCTOBER 2019
Engage Men’s Health provides free and confidential health services to Men who have sex with Men (MSM) in Johannesburg, Nelson Mandela Bay and Buffalo City Metros. Engage Men’s Health wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as the Social Media Officer
Key job purpose
The Social Media Officer is responsible for managing the Engage Men’s Health(EMH) social media presence, to drive traffic to the Engage Men’s Health website and also to support EMH team and posts events and news on EMH’s social medial pages.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Responding to all social media enquiries related to services
- Assist with procedures to assess the effectiveness of social media, how it translates to uptake of services
- Assist with introducing an on-line booking system
- Monitor and analyse who access social media postings
- Assisting with media campaigns
Qualifications, requirements and experience
- College diploma or equivalent in media studies/ digital marketing/ social media communications
- Excellent knowledge of social media marketing
- Proven track record in social media account growth, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Experience in social media goal setting, strategy and execution
- Strong knowledge of media monitoring, research and analysis, online measurement and report generation
- Applicants must have the ability to work in a demanding and high pressured environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Able to meet deadlines and respond quickly and effectively under pressure
- Experience in managing Web Apps
- Experience in creating Web Apps will be an added advantage
- Driver’s license would be an added advantage.
- Vast knowledge of the Organisation
Strong preference will be given to members from our target group
Engage Men’s Health reserves the right not to make this appointment.
Please only submit Application letter and 3 pages (max) CV, without supporting documents. Applications can be emailed to [email protected]. Only candidates who meet requirements will be contacted for the interviews.