JOB OPENING: PRE – EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS (PREP) OUTREACH TESTERS – JHB
POSITION: PRE – EXPOSURE PROPHYLAXIS (PREP) OUTREACH TESTERS
OFFICE: BUFFALO CITY, EAST LONDON
CLOSING DATE: 18 OCTOBER 2019
Engage Men’s Health provides free and confidential health services to Men who have sex with Men (MSM) in Johannesburg, Nelson Mandela Bay and Buffalo City Metros. Engage Men’s Health wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as the Pre – Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Outreach Tester.
The Pre – Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Outreach Tester will report directly to the Peer Coordinator.
Key job purpose
Provide quality, confidential and accurate HIV Testing Services (HTS) to high-risk MSM and ensure that all HIV negative tested clients are linked into PrEP services.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work and assist the team with the mapping tool and provide information with regards to the updated sites
- Assist with building relationships with gatekeepers and in accessing hard to reach MSM communities
- Provide HIV Testing Services (HTS) to clients in line with DoH policies and guidelines
- Provide accurate information, education and communication on HTS with quality testing and linkages to services
- Comply with all DoH HTS SOPs and algorithms and provide quality testing
- Ensure that all client records are completed legibly, neatly and accurate
- Ensure that Data is stored in a lockable cabinet after shift
- Scan documents daily after each shift, verification and sent to CareWorks
- Ensure daily checklists, delegation of duties and all paperwork is updated daily
- Attend briefing meetings daily and work actively to improve personal performance. This will be documented daily with monthly, quarterly and six-month evaluations.
Qualifications, experience and requirements
- Grade 12 certificate
- Training in Basic Hast, HIV Counselling, Adherence Counselling
- Knowledge of DoH HTS guidelines and protocol
- Experience working as HCT Counsellor
- Strong Organisation knowledge and understanding of PrEP
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team player, detail-focused and reliable, able to work independently
- Willing to work flexi hours, weekends and public holidays as per Organisational requirements
- Punctual, reliable and organised
Strong preference will be given to members from our target group.
Engage Men’s Health reserves the right not to make this appointment.
Please only submit an application letter and 3 pages (max) CV, without supporting documents. Applications can be emailed to [email protected]. Only candidates who meet requirements will be contacted for the interviews.