JOB OPENING: PEER/ OUTREACH COORDINATOR – JHB
POSITION: PEER/ OUTREACH COORDINATOR
OFFICE: MELVILLE, JOHANNESBURG
CLOSING DATE: 18 OCTOBER 2019
Engage Men’s Health provides free and confidential health services to Men who have sex with Men (MSM) in Johannesburg, Nelson Mandela Bay and Buffalo City Metros. Engage Men’s Health wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as the Peer/ Outreach Coordinator.
The Peer/ Outreach Coordinator will report directly to the Outreach Manager
Key job purpose
Coordinate Outreach Teams aligned with funder targets and SOPs to ensure access to quality health services by MSM aligned with the 90 – 90 – 90 Continuum of Care.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- MSM Community Outreach ServicesAccurately map and document MSM spaces attended by the team
- Create an electronic database of all sites based on the mapping tool
- Gatekeepers, Ambassadors, Champions documented will all contact details and updated monthly of all calls
- In mapped areas, liaise with hot spot/ taverns owners with regards to a regular roaster
- Liaise with community groups for further risk segmentation for linkages between community organizations and EMH. Engagement with most at risk and hard to reach MSM defined by risk profiling
- Strategically implement targeted and prescribed activities in social spaces, workshops, parties and events etc.
- Assure accurate information, education and communication with quality testing and linkages to services
2. Team Coordination and targets
- Ensure that minimum targets are reached by the team
- Ensuring testing stations require testing and information points, staffing, uniforms, shark fin banners
- Gazebos cleaned professionally bi-monthlyly
- Staff uniforms maintained and cleaned ensuring professionalism
- Monitoring of leave according to hours worked and hours taken needs to be documented and comply with HR requirements.
- Ensure daily team attendance is monitored and required hours are worked.
- Week/y submissions of each team members timesheets are to be accurate and accompanied with support documentation such as leave forms etc.
- Ensure daily checklists, delegation of duties and all paperwork is updated daily.
- Maintain and happy and healthy team with daily, weekly and monthly meetings.
3. Documentation and report
- Reconciliation of all compliance requirements including petrol; registers and monies disbursed.
- Ensure that all client documentation is accurate, has been checked and is consistent with the data SOPs
- Scanning of documents after verification to be sent to Careworks.
- Daily submission of data to be submitted to the Outreach Manager for verification before being submitted to Data Coordinator
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of KPP, HTS, HTS_ POS, PrEP _ New, IEC materials and condoms with lube (and all additional required indicators)
- Implement patient management according to SOP.
Qualifications, experience and requirements
- Relevant Qualification
- Training in Basic Hast, HIV Counselling, Adherence Counselling
- Knowledge of DoH HTS guidelines and protocol
- Experience working as HCT Counsellor
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team player, detail-focused and reliable, able to work independently
- Willing to work flexi hours, weekends and public holidays as per Organisational requirements
- Punctual, reliable and organised
- Attention to detail
- Supervising skills
Strong preference will be given to members from our target group
Engage Men’s Health reserves the right not to make this appointment.
Please only submit Application letter and 3 pages (max) CV, without supporting documents. Applications can be emailed to [email protected]. Only candidates who meets requirements will be contacted for the interviews.