JOB OPENING: PEER NAVIGATOR – JHB
POSITION: PEER NAVIGATOR
OFFICE: MELVILLE, JOHANNESBURG
CLOSING DATE: 18 OCTOBER 2019
Engage Men’s Health provides free and confidential health services to Men who have sex with Men (MSM) in Johannesburg, Nelson Mandela Bay and Buffalo City Metros. Engage Men’s Health wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as the Peer Navigator.
The Peer Navigator will report directly to the Peer Coordinator
Key job purpose
Will be responsible for HIV Testing Services (HTS) and ensure that proper linkage to care of all HIV infected patients is done according to DoH guidelines.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the management of lists of positive clients not yet linked to care
- Ensure that all clients tested HIV positive are linked into care and keep record of how many are initiated on ART
- Implement activities to link clients to care including telephonic contacts and personal visits
- Data management including receiving lists of relevant clients, plan to trace and link clients to care and implement these
- Assist HIV + clients to become treatment ready
- Provide feedback on progress to management of successful linkages
Qualifications, requirements and experience
- Grade 12 certificate
- Training in Basic Hast, HIV Counselling, Adherence Counselling
- Knowledge of DoH HTS guidelines and protocol
- Experience working as HCT Counsellor
- Good oral and written communication skills
Strong preference will be given to members from our target group
Engage Men’s Health reserves the right not to make this appointment.
Please only submit Application letter and 3 pages (max) CV, without supporting documents. Applications can be emailed to [email protected]. Only candidates who meet requirements will be contacted for the interviews