JOB OPENING: PEER MOBILISER/DRIVER – EL
POSITION: PEER MOBILISER/ DRIVER
OFFICE: BUFFALO CITY, EAST LONDON
CLOSING DATE: 18 OCTOBER 2019
Engage Men’s Health provides free and confidential health services to Men who have sex with Men (MSM) in Johannesburg, Nelson Mandela Bay and Buffalo City Metros. Engage Men’s Health wishes to appoint a suitably qualified individual to serve as the Peer Mobiliser / Driver
The Peer Mobiliser/ Driver will report directly to the Site Coordinator
Key job purpose
Mobilise high-risk profile MSM to access HTS and link to ARV or PrEP services aligned with funder targets and SOPs to ensure access of quality health services aligned with the 90 – 90 – 90 Continuum of Care. Ensure maintenance of company vehicles and provide transport and collection of EMH staff, equipment and other commodities compliant with company SOPs
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Mapping and risk segmentation
- Assist the team coordinator with the mapping tool and provide information with regards to the updated sites
- Assist in building relationships with gatekeepers and in accessing hard to reach MSM communities.
- Ensure that all outreach checklists with resources are completed prior to outreach ensuring that all components are in place.
- Attend briefing meetings daily and work actively to improve personal performance. This will be documented daily with monthly, quarterly and six-month evaluations.
- Attend weekly QI meeting providing feedback on achievements and challenges, contribute to the development of the weekly roster and report on quality improvement plans.
- Achieve minimum daily, weekly and monthly KPP targets
- Provide accurate information, education and communication in documentation of client’s information for KPP.
- Mobilise high-risk MSM finding positives and link them into treatment (# out of the KPP) and negative clients to access PrEP.
- Ensure 70% of high risk profiled MSM referred for HTS are screened and linked to services
- Conduct and distribute BCI IEC materials on STIs, PrEP etc. with condoms with lubricant
- Ensure that high-risk MSM are linked into services for HTS, PrEP and ART
- Participate in trainings for capacity development and implement skills in targeted activities.
- Ensure testing stations and required testing and information points have gazebos erected
- Ensure start and close of work is accurately reported in the daily sign in register.
- Week/y submissions timesheets are to be accurate and accompanied with support documentation such as leave forms etc.
2. Vehicle maintenance
- Daily checking that vehicles are in good condition and ensure that any damages are reported immediately so that staff can be held accountable. The accident-free report needs to reported daily.
- Daily check the tyres, brake pads and ensure after every 15000km the car goes for service
- Daily ensure that the vehicles are parked in the company premises and that all outreach equipment is safely packed in the vehicles and that all waste is removed from the vehicles as per the waste disposal OP.
- Ensure that cars are filled with fuel on a daily basis and especially on the weekend.
- On a weekly basis ensure that vehicles are regularly serviced (as required), well maintained and that they meet general safety requirements.
- Ensure that all authorized vehicle repairs and procurements are actioned on time.
- Ensure that licence disk are renewed when in time
- Ensure that vehicles are clean by having them washed bi-monthly.
3. Collections and Deliveries
- Transport outreach teams and staff as and when needed abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Adhere to assigned routes and following time schedules compliant with driving SOPs.
- Manage security precautions in the field aligned with security training outcomes and SOPs safeguard the teams.
- Ensure Outreach Equipment is safely stored in the vehicles, assist with loading and unloading when required.
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles for outreach
Qualifications, experience and requirements
- Grade 12 certificate
- Training in Basic Hast, HIV Counselling, Adherence Counselling
- Knowledge of DoH HTS guidelines and protocol
- Experience working as HCT Counsellor
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team player, detail-focused and reliable, able to work independently
- Willing to work flexi hours, weekends and public holidays as per Organisational requirements
- Punctual, reliable and organised
- Valid driver’s SA Driver license with PDP and K53 defensive driving
- Clean driving record with experiencing
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
- Strong time management and service skills.
- Ability to walk, drive, and lift and carry heavy items for extended periods.
- Attention to detail.
Strong preference will be given to members from our target group
Engage Men’s Health reserves the right not to make this appointment.
Please only submit Application letter and 3 pages (max) CV, without supporting documents. Applications can be emailed to [email protected]. Only candidates who meet requirements will be contacted for the interviews