Employment skills development services now available
With a high unemployment rate, an increasing cost of living and a shaky economy still reeling from the Covid pandemic, millions of South Africans are experiencing bleak times.
Already a marginalised community, many MSM (men who have sex with men) are struggling to stay afloat, and many are being left behind. In fact, up to 50% of EMH clients are unemployed and this impacts on their physical and mental health.
Engage Men’s Health now offers innovative 2-day sessions addressing economic vulnerabilities among MSM in the city of Johannesburg.
The programme includes:
- Setting up an email account and learning the basics of Microsoft Word
- How to write a CV, do a cover letter and prepare for an interview
- Assistance in compiling essential documents for job hunting (certificates, etc)
- Linkage to job opportunities
- Linkage to Sector Education Training Authority (SETA) learnerships and training opportunities
- A once-a-week drop-in centre at 27 Boxes in Melville (Wed, 11:00-15:00) with access to laptops, wi-fi etc.
If you are interested in this skills development opportunity, please contact Londeka on 072 098 5047. Services are subject to availability. For more information about the Wednesday drop-in centre, contact Riaan on 063 649 5116.